Wednesday, December 7, 2016

30 Days of Writing - December 7th

What are 3 things I would like for my next birthday as a gift? 

My birthday was just in October. It's weird to be thinking of turning twenty-four in 2017. I feel like I just turned nineteen the other week. I guess I never believed anybody when they said that they older you get the quicker that time flies by. I'm feeling that now.

Birthdays have been weird for me the last few years. I don't really enjoy them all too much since I returned home from India in late summer of 2015. I still miss it everyday... A day doesn't go by that I don't see the scenery of the misty jungle mountains of Kerala's tea fields. I remember riding on the back of old motorbikes through the highways that rounded through the tall mountains of the Himalayas in the north. I see it every day.

My goal is to be back there for my next birthday, or soon after it, but even further north. I want to be in Nepal. I want to go even further into the mountains this time. I want to go to the lands of Shiva and to the head of the Ganga. I want to taste the food and meet the people. See the base of Everest. I want to go to the home I haven't been to yet.

That is the only thing I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment