Sunday, December 11, 2016

30 Days of Reflection - December 9th

How am I making choices based on “I should” rather than “I desire”?

There are a lot of things I feel like I 'should' do. There are things I feel like I definitely 'shouldn't' do, but do anyway. My desires are completely different.

I am a very impulsive, emotionally driven, and reactive person. I have a difficulty thinking through the consequences of my actions before acting. If I do think about it and don't like what the possible outcomes could be I usually just crack a beer or light up about it and just ignore those consequences and do them anyway.

My desires though... They're something completely different. My desires are my goals and my dreams. I desire things that call for me to change the things I 'shouldn't' be doing into things I should be doing. I know what I desire. It just takes time to get myself to the point of making it happen.

I continue to be my biggest road block. 

No comments:

Post a Comment