Saturday, December 3, 2016

30 Days of Reflection - December 3rd

How can I best order my day today to get done what I need to do?

It's hard staying organized when you live in a seasonal work environment. My work schedule never stays the same for more than a week and with that my sleep schedule changes along with that. There is nothing I would like more than to stay on a regular sleep schedule. The days of the week don't matter, my days off don't matter, I could work every day, and all I would need it to have a regular sleep schedule.

With that in mind I do try to schedule my days, but it is difficult for those just stated reasons. I try and write my 'to-do' list down but then mentally procrastinate it most days. I guess persistence is the only thing that can keep me going... I need to decide what is actually important to me. Write it down.

Stick to it. Write it down. Stick to it. Write it down. Stick to it.

I have to wake up when I need to get the things done. There is no good an extra thirty minutes of sleep will give me except more weariness through the day for I have to once against disrupt the start of my deep sleep cycle. It's like waking up from a hard sound hour long nap which is worse than waking up after six hours of solid rest.

Write it down. Stick to it.

I need to move my body around as much as possible. The winter makes me sore. The cold makes my hips tight, my ankles pop, and my shoulders restless. I need to stretch and I need to not postpone my stretching. I need to stretch in the morning and stretch at night before bed. And sometime in between I need to move, to run, or walk, to lunge, to plank, anything. I need to keep my body active during these cold months. I don't move around terribly much at work so I must do it outside of it. I need to keep my body active to keep my mind from wandering. Focus on my moving body rather than my lack of not being able to move in my life. Running towards my goals while staying in place is difficult, stressful, anxious, but can be done.

Stick to it. Write it down. Stick to it. Write it down. Stick to it. Write it down. Write it down. Stick to it.

Above all, try my best each day. Then try again tomorrow to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment