Sunday, December 11, 2016

30 Days of Reflection - December 10th

What vulnerabilities am I afraid to share with others who love me?

Everything. 
I'm afraid to ask for help. 
I'm afraid to say I'm hurt. 
I pretend I'm totally independent and need nothing from others.
I'm afraid to show I'm upset.
I'm even more afraid to say I'm upset.
I act like people can just come and go into my life and I don't miss their presence.  
I'm afraid to be honest about my insecurities. 
I'm afraid to let people too closely in. 
I put out that everything is always alright. 
I'm afraid to say it's not. 
I'm afraid to ask for a hug. 
I'm afraid because I've seen so many people come and go. 
Attachment has only left me with painful memories. 

I am okay with this. I'm okay having my guard up on top of my walls.
The people that make their way past it usually end up being the ones who needed to be let in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment